If you are replacing your teeth, Dr. Shaileshkumar Bhatt may recommend using mini dental implants instead of regular implants. Mini implants are the same as regular implants, just smaller in size, and perform the same functions. In many cases, using a mini implant instead of a regular implant will allow you to complete your treatment in a single appointment rather than multiple appointments. They are typically used to:
- Anchor implant-supported dentures
- Provide less invasive procedures and more comfortable treatments
- Reduce your healing period following implant placement
- Give you a more affordable treatment
- Provide a faster treatment
- Enhance the comfort of your smile so that you can chew, eat and smile with confidence
Mini implants may also be used if your jaw cannot receive regular implants for some reason. Like standard implants, mini implants look, feel and function like your original teeth, including stimulating your supporting jawbone to prevent bone loss and stabilize your teeth in your mouth. They also provide support for the shape and volume of your face.
For more information about mini dental implants in Hacienda Heights, California, and to schedule a consultation with our experienced dentist, contact Hacienda Heights Family Dentistry today at 626-961-1574. Our team is dedicated to helping you regain a healthy, beautiful and functional smile.