Hacienda Heights Family Dentistry features panoramic X-rays in our office. Panoramic X-rays are used to help our dentist examine your teeth and jaws, providing a complete view of those areas so that we can see your upper and lower dental arches clearly. Panoramic X-rays capture images of all your teeth, your upper and lower jawbones, and the surrounding facial structures to give us a comprehensive understanding of your oral health needs.
The process for using a panoramic X-ray machine to capture images is quick and comfortable. Our dentist will direct to you stand in place, and a mechanical arm will rotate around your head. The images will be captured and sent to a nearby monitor so that we can immediately view them and examine your orofacial structures.
Panoramic imaging helps our dentist to:
- Diagnose impacted teeth
- Diagnose TMJ disorders
- Diagnose oral cancer
- Diagnose tooth decay
- Diagnose dental and facial trauma
- Diagnose cysts, tumors and abscesses
- Diagnose and evaluate periodontal disease
- Determine the need for orthodontic treatment
- Evaluate treatment progress, including orthodontic and TMJ treatments
- Plan and perform dental implant placement and other surgical procedures
We welcome you to contact us at 626-961-1574 to learn more about panoramic X-rays in Hacienda Heights, California, and to schedule a consultation with Dr. Shaileshkumar Bhatt. We look forward to helping you care for your smile!