Bruxism, more commonly known as teeth grinding, and teeth clenching can cause serious problems for your oral and overall health. Some of these problems include:
- Broken, chipped and fractured teeth
- Teeth that are very worn down
- Broken oral appliances (dentures, mouth guards, etc.)
- Sore jaw joints and TMJ disorders
- Tension and pain in the head, neck and shoulders
- Pain and tightness in the jaw muscles
- Headaches and migraines
- Earaches and ringing in the ears
- Gum recession
Bruxism and teeth clenching may occur at any time but are most common at night while asleep. It may be the result of stress, bad bites or other factors. When you visit Hacienda Heights Family Dentistry, our dentist and team will work with you to find a solution to help you manage your bruxism and halt the damage to your teeth. Treatments range from relaxation exercises to the use of oral appliances. Once your teeth grinding and clenching have been brought under control, we will work with you to create a treatment plan that will help you regain your smile and oral health.
We invite you to call us at 626-961-1574 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Shaileshkumar Bhatt and learn more about bruxism and clenching treatment in Hacienda Heights, California.